Tuesday, April 8, 2008

An Invitation to Share God’s Love.


Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

We are graced to receive so much Love in prayer. This Love is not meant to be held on too, but to share. If we feel God’s Love during prayer....why should it stop when the prayer is over? Jesus continues to fill you up as you share His gifts...the more you share, the more He pours upon you.

My prayer today is to share a little more of Jesus then I did yesterday...each day sharing more and more...how awesome it will be to feel God's Love being pour in abundance upon us everyday.

An invitation to one reading this blog today is: reach out to one extra person that you would have not before today. Give them an ear, hand, food, Love, your unconditional compassion.

The awesomeness of this challenge is God has already gone before you...if you decide to take this extra step today...you will not be alone...He will help you and you will be fulfilled in giving.

Please don't misunderstand my brothers and sisters in Jesus. I am sure most of you reading this post...already have a ministry if not more then one.

An invitation today is to go one step further...I too will share in this challenge...I am disabled, but there is still much I can do today. I can pray an extra rosary for someone or more then one, start a novena for someone. Or call someone who may need me to listen to them. I have been able to get up a little more...I can also try to make something for a friend.

If you cook meals for the poor, cook an extra meal for your pastor/priest or someone you know that is out of work. If you tend to the sick...visit someone you know that is homebound and bring them a flower, a hug. If you work full-time...reach out to someone that is hurting at your work.

This is not a new challenge, but certainly a challenge we can exercise when we extend the loving grace that God pours over us during our prayer time.


My prayer for you...May God pour His abundant Grace upon you...may your eyes be open to see how God's Love in YOU can be shared...and may that precious love be born anew, refresh with a zeal that only God's Love can give...Amen.

Love,
Prayerflowers
P.S. If you decide to take this invitation today…would you please share with me your experience on how God’s Love in you bloomed...Thank you and God Bless you!

6 comments:

Bernadette said...

Dear Prayerflowers,
I think your prayer blog is very inspirational and beautiful. Thank you for sharing and giving us ideas.
Bernadette

Prayerflowers said...

Sweet Bernadette,
Thank you for your kind words...it has been a joy getting to know some very precious people here. I thank Jesus everyday for giving me a bigger family in Him.
Love,
Prayerflowers

Bernadette said...

Hi,
I wanted to let you know that as a result of your suggestion, I called a friend from church who we have not seen in a long time. Sometimes this couple goes to Arizona for several months to visit with her brother, so we thought it was an extended visit. She called me back later in the evening and said that she had just gotten home from the hospital after three weeks. What a blessing to know that I brightened her day a little.

Thank you Prayerflowers. Every idea is very helpful to someone.

Bernadette

Prayerflowers said...

Sweet Bernadette,
Thank you for sharing...I love when we are blessed in a surprising way.
Love,
Prayerflowers

Marie said...

Beautiful reflection. Prayer must also be combined with actions lest our prayers are mere empty words.

If you see a family that is hungry it is good to pray that someone gives them food, but why can it not be you/us?

Dont always wait for the 'government' to fix things, often times they can't get beyond the paper work.....Very challenging post and so gently expressed:).

Peace to you Prayerflowers:)

Marie xoxoox

Prayerflowers said...

Dear Marie,
Your post is precious. It makes me think back when I was active and how much it blessed me to visit the hospitals. I was blessed to be able to volunteer with with Hospice. I got to cook for the families that were suffering.

Oh how I miss doing for others that way...it is a true ministry for all those who volunteer their time.

I am not able to physically do any more...but I can pray...I ask Jesus to help me pray with all my heart and beg His mercy to help my prayers be precious to Him. Maybe one day I will be able to be more physical again.

Sweet Jesus bless all those who pray and do for others, may they be rejuventiated in a special way...Amen.

Thank you Marie for your precious post.
Love,
Prayerflowers